This is a full time position reporting to the Worship Pastor that consists of a minimum 40 hours per week. These hours will encompass, but are not limited to, music work – music preparation, research, band rehearsals, services, service planning, loop, stem, and click track creation, and providing music at church events when needed. There will also be time allotted for working with other facets of the ministry depending upon the candidate’s talents.
The right candidate will:
- Have strong keyboard abilities as well as guitar experience
- Be well versed in a variety of styles – Pop, Gospel, Rock, R&B, Funk, Country and Hymns
- Have the ability to read and write charts
- Must be able to transcribe and call out music to band and singers (via talk back microphone) by using the Nashville Number System
- Have experience in creating and using loops, stems, and click tracks (required)
- have Multi-DAW proficiency in Ableton, Logic, and Pro Tools (required)
- Have experience scheduling (matrix) and uploading resources to Planning Center Online (required)
The Music Director will be responsible for recruiting, scheduling, developing, rehearsing, and playing with bands comprised of volunteers from the congregation. Experience leading teams and playing in a large church environment with auditoriums that seat 2500 or more is a definite plus.