Faith Church has been ranked one of the fastest growing churches in America for several years in a row. Now we are known as one of the largest, most influential and innovative churches in America. We are one church with five locations, located in Sunset Hills, Earth City, and Weldon Spring, Missouri as well as West Palm Beach and Royal Palm Beach, Florida. We are currently in the process of launching additional campus locations. Our mission as a contemporary church is to use the latest technology, resources and music in a creative way to be relevant in reaching our world. We are just getting started in doing what God has called this church to do; reaching the world in a creative way so that people connect. . . families grow. . .and lives are changed. This may be your opportunity to be a part of that! We are currently seeking to hire an Events Planner.
The Events Planner position is a fulltime position. Responsible for
- Team Building,
- Event Preparation, Planning, Benchmarking
- Day of Event Logistics,
- Event Analysis and End of Event Reporting.
The Event Planner needs to plan and execute the event to the hilt. S/he should have a good vision of event management, event goals and a strategic plan to efficiently execute the event. The ideal candidate must have exceptional communication and organizational skills. Must also be able to multitask, think outside the box, think on his/her feet and troubleshoot problems efficiently. The planner must have the ability to work with all types of people and be able to visualize an event not only from start to finish, but also strategize the steps he will take to accomplish it.
The Events Planner is responsible for the overall operation of the Events. This coordinator is responsible for collaborating with the ministry teams and managing a VIP team of volunteers to facilitate ministry initiatives and to ensure that all events are well planned, publicized and executed. The Events Director must demonstrate successful experience in administering multi-program operations including: forecasting/benchmarking, financial management, program planning and delivery, marketing, and general management functions.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; significant work experience can substitute for the degree.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and mail merges; email and web searches.
Due to the nature of our organization, being highly volunteer driven, it is imperative that the Events Planner has refined interpersonal skills, the ability to lead a team of volunteers, and a strategy to recruit, maintain, and develop our volunteer base. To this end, the Events Planner:
- To provide strategic input on identifying and developing impactful programs to drive and strengthen performance of the Events Department.
- Performance Evaluation, to set high and measurable goals for tracking events to ensure optimal growth and skill development.
- To identify current and emerging trends in the Events that can be utilized in creating dynamic training programs.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop volunteers, and team members.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a successful participant on the executive management team that provides company leadership and direction.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with counterparts.
Event Planning and Production
- Assist with negotiations for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, make travel arrangements, order event signs, and ensure appropriate décor (florals, linens, color schemes, etc.).
- Aggressively gather information and needs on each project to achieve quality event productions.
- Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to help staff and department leaders make decisions about event possibilities.
- Create Event Execution Plan.
- Create an Event Resume and Timeline for each event.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
- Close out all events as required.
- Manage a team of volunteers, VIP schedules, and VIP development.
- Assist with preparing budgets and provide periodic progress reports to staff directors for each event.
- Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
- Coordinate appointments and visits to see our space, and scheduling of events on the calendar.
- Prepare and modify event contracts as requested.
- Finalize event content – speakers need to be selected and booked, and all material needs to be written, proofed, and printed.
- Technical requirements need to be figured out and solidified. Will there be staging? Lighting? Sound? Screens? Multi-media presentations?
- Food and beverage needs to be selected and arranged.
- Arrange event transportation, as needed. Schedule driver.
- Schedule event photographer, as needed
- Determine who will staff event, and lock and unlock building. Communicate staff responsibilities in Event Resume.