Faith Church, listed as one of the fastest growing churches in America several years in a row, is seeking to hire a FACILITIES TECHNICIAN.
Faith Church is one church with four locations, located in Sunset Hills, Earth City, and Weldon Spring, Missouri as well as West Palm Beach, Florida. We are a contemporary church using the latest in technology and music in a creative way to be relevant in reaching our world. We are just getting started in doing what God has called this church to do in a creative way and you can be a part of that!
Responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks. Performance of building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. carpentry; electrical; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); plumbing, etc.); Perform general cleaning. Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Regularly inspect the church premises for areas of need or concern. Coordinate the maintenance of the plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Oversee proper set up and tear down for church events, which may include some evenings and weekend hours, on occasion, more than 40 hours a week.
- Perform minor repairs, including but not limited to painting, minor electric, plumbing, janitorial, landscaping and temporary repairs in an emergency.
- 40 hours per week Monday – Saturday, Sundays (mandatory) Overtime at times….Available and on call for emergencies.
- Operate church vehicles in a safe manor and ability to be covered under our insurance.
- General knowledge of building maintenance, general carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and custodial skills.
- Maintain upkeep of grounds, performing basic functions and oversight of landscaping, snow removal, and other maintenance related duties.
- Must be able to effectively communicate (oral and written) with all employees,contractors and vendors
- Self-starter and team player
- Must be organized and knowledgeable to provide deliverables in support of project plans
- Associates degree in project management preferred but not required, certificate in trade school or equivalent work experience related to project management, vendor management, facilities and/or maintenance
- Must have basic understanding of how things work (facility-related) abilities
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to prioritize and manage multi-functional tasks
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, and against strict time constraints
- Ability to use standard powered and non-powered tools
- Must be able to travel to various work-site locations on demand
- Be able to walk, bend, stoop, balance, crawl and reach for extended periods of time
- Must be able to utilize/view a PC and/or monitor
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds
- Must be comfortable and able to work on a ladder of 20 feet
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and have reliable transportation